PROTECTING OUR SENIORS & NURSING HOMES
- Under President Trump’s leadership, the Administration has taken steps to protect senior citizens, people with disabilities, and those with preexisting conditions during the coronavirus pandemic.
· To protect seniors, the President directed Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to raise the infectious disease standards at nursing homes across America.
· CMS has conducted target inspections throughout the healthcare system, ensuring that residents susceptible to serious complications are protected.
· CMS announced requirements for nursing homes to inform residents and their families when COVID-19 cases arise in their facilities.
· President Trump is delivering critical supplies and assistance for our seniors during the pandemic.
o The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced nearly $1 billion in grants to assist older adults providing services such as home delivered meals and care services in the home.
o President Trump signed legislation that provides free coronavirus testing through Medicare and Medicaid.
PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS ALWAYS FOUGHT FOR AMERICA’S SENIORS
· Throughout President Trump’s administration he has worked to provide America’s seniors with better healthcare and lower drug prices.
· The President has fought against the radical Medicare-for-None policies which would jeopardize seniors’ benefits.
· Last year, the President signed an order to improve and protect Medicare for our Nation’s seniors, maximizing their choice and ensuring access to quality care.
· President Trump has taken action to drive down drug prices for our seniors and is committed to ending the scourge of surprise billing.