President Trump Responds to House Democrats’ Reckless and Invalid Impeachment Ruse
The President did absolutely nothing wrong and the Senate must reject this sham for the baseless political smear that it is.
- President Trump categorically and unequivocally denies every claim House Democrats have manufactured within their articles of impeachment.
- At all times, President Trump has acted in line with his duties as President and with the interests of the American people in mind.
- House Democrats have completely failed to produce any evidence that the President did anything wrong whatsoever.
House Democrats’ impeachment sham is a dangerous and unconstitutional attack on American democracy.
- This impeachment is a brazen and unlawful attempt to overturn the 2016 election and interfere in the 2020 election.
- House Democrats’ impeachment articles are constitutionally invalid and the result of a lawless process devoid of even the most basic due process.
- House Democrats violated every precedent and principle of fairness that has governed past impeachments for more than 150 years.
House Democrats’ “abuse of power” claim has fallen completely flat.
- Their first article of impeachment includes no crimes or violation of the law at all and fails to meet the “high Crimes and Misdemeanors” standard required by the Constitution.
- The facts clearly show that the President did nothing wrong and the “abuse of power” article is baseless.
o The record of President Trump’s calls with Zelensky shows that the President did nothing wrong.
o Ukrainian officials have repeatedly said that they weren’t pressured to do anything.
o The only individuals who stated they discussed Ukraine with the President say that he was clear there was to be no quid pro quo or anything of the sort.
o The President met with Zelensky and Ukraine received the aid – with no investigations.
House Democrats’ “obstruction of Congress” article is entirely absurd.
- In no way does asserting legitimate constitutional privileges constitute “obstruction of Congress.”
- House Democrats’ long series of subpoenas for witnesses and documents was unconstitutional and invalid.
o President Trump asserted longstanding privileges and immunities that have been used by prior administrations of both parties and recognized by the Supreme Court.
- Despite all their obstruction claims, House Democrats did not even seek to enforce their subpoenas in court.
- House Democrats can’t bypass our Constitution’s separation of powers and expect the Executive Branch to bow down to any and every demand they may have.