President Trump Lays Out a Unifying Vision for the Future, As Divisive Dems Tear Apart American Ideals…As President Trump laid out a bold, optimistic, and remarkably bipartisan vision for our country’s path forward, Nancy Pelosi stood up and childishly ripped that vision apart as the nation watched.
It is sadly unsurprising that Pelosi, who just put our country through one of the most shameful partisan charades in modern history, would put on such a divisive display.
- Speaker Pelosi’s partisan display was disgraceful and disrespectful to the incredible American heroes honored by President Trump.
- Pelosi spurned the unifying ideals laid out in President Trump’s remarks, elevating partisan politics and cheap political stunts over the wellbeing of our country.
Pelosi didn’t just shred the President’s speech, she ripped apart the inspiring stories of American heroes.
- Pelosi ripped up the story of 4th grader Janiyah, who received an opportunity scholarship to attend a school of her family’s choice.
- Pelosi tore up the story of Ellie Schneider, a precious life who was born at just under 22 weeks and survived.
- Pelosi shredded the story of Charles McGee, who served three decades in the Air Force and is one of the last surviving Tuskegee Airmen.
- Pelosi ripped up the story of the Williams family, who were reunited with their husband and father who returned from a deployment.
The unifying ideals contained in the President’s address are ones that should enjoy bipartisan support because they uplift all Americans.
- President Trump called for a more prosperous and inclusive society to uplift Americans of all backgrounds.
- POTUS: “The vision I will lay out this evening demonstrates how we are building the world’s most prosperous and inclusive society — one where every citizen can join in America’s unparalleled success, and where every community can take part in America’s extraordinary rise. Our agenda is relentlessly pro-worker, pro-family, pro-growth, and, most of all, pro-American. We are advancing with unbridled optimism and lifting high our citizens of every race, color, religion, and creed.”
- The President asked Congress to return to its united purpose of working to better the lives of everyday Americans.
- POTUS: “Members of Congress, we must never forget that the only victories that matter in Washington are victories that deliver for the American people. The people are the heart of our country, their dreams are the soul of our country, and their love is what powers and sustains our country. We must always remember that our job is to put America first!”
- President Trump celebrated bipartisan efforts to give incarcerated Americans a second chance.
- POTUS: “Our roaring economy has, for the first time ever, given many former prisoners the ability to get a great job and a fresh start. This second chance at life is made possible because we passed landmark Criminal Justice Reform into law.”
- President Trump called for support for American families – ensuring that every child can get a great education and working parents are able to get ahead.
- POTUS: “As we support America’s moms and dads, I was recently proud to sign the law providing new parents in the Federal workforce paid family leave, serving as a model for the rest of the country. Now, I call on the Congress to pass the bipartisan Advancing Support for Working Families Act, extending family leave to mothers and fathers all across the Nation.”
- POTUS: “The next step forward in building an inclusive society is making sure that every young American gets a great education and the opportunity to achieve the American Dream.”
- The President reaffirmed our nation’s unwavering commitment to our Constitutional freedoms.
- POTUS: “My Administration is also defending religious liberty, and that includes the Constitutional right to pray in public schools. In America, we do not punish prayer. We do not tear down crosses. We do not ban symbols of faith. We do not muzzle preachers and pastors. In America, we celebrate faith. We cherish religion. We lift our voices in prayer, and we raise our sights to the Glory of God!”
- The President called for an end to the endless wars that have cost so many American lives.
- POTUS: “As we defend American lives, we are working to end America’s wars in the Middle East.”
- The President called on Congress to support his efforts to lower healthcare costs, provide the highest standard of care in the world, and expand access to innovative cures.
- POTUS: “We have launched ambitious new initiatives to substantially improve care for Americans with kidney disease, Alzheimer’s, and those struggling with mental health challenges. And because the Congress funded my request, we are pursuing new cures for childhood cancer, and we will eradicate the AIDS epidemic in America by the end of the decade.”