Trump campaign exposes Clown News Network: “CNN is Maliciously and Intentionally Lying to America...Spreading misinformation previously debunked by 6 separate sources.
For a full 7-minute segment hosted by CNN’s Ana Cabrera today, CNN repeatedly featured a total lie on screen, pushing the repeatedly debunked false claim that President Trump called the coronavirus a “hoax.”
This is a shocking, inexcusable, deliberate effort by CNN to mislead Americans and spread misinformation about President Trump’s efforts to combat the coronavirus.
At least 6 entities have debunked the false claim CNN is still spreading:
- The Washington Post: “The full quote shows Trump is criticizing Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage of his administration’s response to coronavirus. He never says that the virus itself is a hoax[.]” (03/13/2020)
- FactCheck.org: “Trump said that when he used the word ‘hoax,’ he was referring to Democrats finding fault with his administration’s response to coronavirus, not the virus itself. Even after Trump explained his remarks, some Democrats … continued to wrongly accuse Trump of describing the coronavirus as a ‘hoax.'” (03/03/2020)
- CBS News’ Scott Pelley: “[Trump] said that the Democrats making so much of it is a Democratic hoax, not that the virus was a hoax.” (03/01/2020)
- Snopes: “Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.” (03/02/2020)
- Slate’s Will Saletan: “He was saying the hoax is that he’s handled it badly. Not the virus itself.” (02/28/2020)
- Check Your Fact: “He did not refer to the coronavirus itself as a hoax. … At no point in the rally does Trump directly call the novel coronavirus outbreak a ‘hoax’ or ‘conspiracy.’ In fact, he refers to the respiratory virus as a ‘public health threat’ and reiterates ‘we have to take it very, very seriously. That’s what we’re doing. We are preparing for the worst.'” (02/29/2020)
What CNN did today is not sloppiness or poor journalism – it is intentional malice and deception, and simply more evidence that the “news” channel is the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party.
Lying is now part of their show.