PRESIDENT TRUMP’S DECISIVE ACTIONS, 15 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS, TODAY’S PRIMARIES…Trump, Vice President Pence, and members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed reporters last night:
- President Trump will always put the health of the American people first:
- “We’re announcing new guidelines for every American to follow over the next 15 days as we combat the virus. Each and every one of us has a critical role to play in stopping the spread and transmission of the virus.”
- “It’s important for the young and healthy people to understand that while they may experience milder symptoms, they can easily spread this virus, and they will spread it indeed, putting countless others in harm’s way. We especially worry about our senior citizens.”
- “On the guidelines of the task force, the new modeling conducted by Dr. Birx, and our consultation with governors, we’ve made the decision to further toughen the guidelines and blunt the infection now. We’d much rather be ahead of the curve than behind it, and that’s what we are.”
- “If everyone makes this change or these critical changes and sacrifices now, we will rally together as one nation and we will defeat the virus. And we’re going to have a big celebration all together.”
President Trump and the White House Coronavirus Task Force issued new guidelines to help protect Americans:
· President Trump made clear yesterday that the following recommendations are easy to follow but will have a resounding impact on tackling the coronavirus outbreak:
o Listen and follow the directions of your local and state authorities.
o If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your provider.
o If your children are sick, keep them at home. Do not send them to school. Contact your medical provider.
o If someone in your household has tested positive for the coronavirus, keep your entire household at home. Do not go to work. Do not go to school. Contact your medical provider.
o If you are an older person, stay home and away from other people.
o If you are a person with a serious underlying health condition that can put you at increased risk, stay home and away from other people.
o Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
o Avoid eating or drinking at bars.
§ Order pickup or delivery instead.
o Avoid discretionary travel.
o Practice good hygiene.
What you need to know for today’s Democratic Primaries:
- Three states are holding a primary on Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- Arizona, Florida, and Illinois
- A combined 441 pledged delegates are awarded.
- The Ohio primary has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Florida has the most delegates up for grabs today.
- Florida Democrats will award 219 pledged delegates.
- Florida also is allocated 29 superdelegates.
- Arizona Democrats will award 67 delegates.
- Arizona also is allocated 11 superdelegates.
- President Trump has made Florida Great Again:
- Since President Trump was elected, Florida has added nearly 626,000 jobs, including over 24,000 manufacturing jobs and 84,500 construction jobs.
- Florida’s unemployment rate has plummeted to just 2.9 percent—under Obama, Florida’s unemployment averaged 7.9 percent.
- Florida taxpayers saved an average of over $1300 thanks to President Trump’s tax cuts.
- Arizona is booming under President Trump:
- Since the President’s election, Arizona has added nearly 240,000 new jobs, including more than 19,000 manufacturing jobs.
- Arizona’s unemployment rate has plummeted to just 4.6 percent, nearly half the Obama average of 8 percent.
- President Trumps’ tax cuts saved Arizona taxpayers an average of over $1350.