President Trump is Supporting Underserved Communities Across America
SERVING ALL COMMUNITIES
- President Trump is committed to providing health and economic support to underserved communities affected by coronavirus.
- PRESIDENT TRUMP: “My administration is pursuing a comprehensive strategy to address the full spectrum of needs in these communities, supporting both health and economic revitalization.”
- The President is determined to deliver opportunity and prosperity for all Americans.
- PRESIDENT TRUMP: “As President, I’m absolutely determined to deliver a great future for Americans of every race, religion, color, and creed. Before our nation was attacked by this horrible enemy, our African American and Hispanic American citizens were prospering like never before.”
PROVIDING NEEDED RESOURCES
- The President directed the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council to refocus on assisting underserved communities impacted by the virus.
- The Administration is investing approximately $2 billion in community health centers, helping their 28 million patients receive the care and testing they need.
- President Trump signed legislation to guarantee coronavirus testing free of cost-sharing and the Federal Government is helping to cover the cost of treatment for uninsured patients.
- President Trump signed legislation providing $60 billion in loans under the Paycheck Protection Program targeted to support minority and disadvantaged communities.
- The President signed legislation providing $1 billion to Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic serving institutions, and other minority serving institutions impacted by the coronavirus.