“President Trump’s pro-growth and deregulatory economic policies have unleashed our economy.”
January’s jobs report shows a Trump economy that has added millions of jobs:
- The economy added an astounding 225,000 new jobs in January, again beating economists’ expectations—including 109,000 new jobs for women.
- Since President Trump’s election, the United States added 7 million new jobs.
- This includes more than 500,000 new manufacturing jobs and more than 4 million jobs for women.
Americans are going back to work with historically low unemployment rates:
- The unemployment rate is at a historically low 3.6 percent.
- The last time the unemployment rate was this low, prior to President Trump’s Administration, was 1969.
- The unemployment rate for black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, and veterans are all at historic lows.
- Unemployment for women is just 3.2 percent—the lowest level in 66 years.
America has more jobs with higher wages:
- Wages continue to soar, putting more money in the wallets of America’s workers.
- Thanks to President Trump’s economy, wages rose by a strong 3.1 percent over the last year, continuing a streak of strong wage growth.
- Wage growth has been 3 percent or better for 19 consecutive months.
- The average monthly wage growth under President Trump is now 3 percent—under Obama, average wage growth was nearly a full point lower.