House Republican Leader Elise Stefanik is in the Wall Street Journal Wednesday with an op-ed on how “Trump Delivered on His Promises.”
One of the many reasons that voters in my district and across the country voted for Mr. Trump is because of his agenda-setting policy vision and his ability to deliver: Promises made, promises kept. Too many politicians over the years have spoken a big game on the campaign trail only to backtrack when they arrive in Washington.
With Mr. Trump, it was the opposite. I was humbled to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference this year, highlighting House Republicans’ legislative and oversight agenda as the only backstop to single-party Democrat rule. At CPAC, Mr. Trump’s speech was heavy on policy and tough talk. Like he did in 2016, Mr. Trump is setting the policy agenda and pace of the Republican primary, and the other candidates or would-be candidates are either playing catch up or running on “not being Trump,” while touting his policies—a single-digit strategy.
Mr. Trump is handily defeating all his GOP challengers by double digits in the polls. Buckle up! Journalists and the groupthink chattering class clearly didn’t learn the lesson from 2016 of their vast disconnect and dismissal of the everyday American people.
MAGA Inc. Head Requests Ethics Investigation Into Ron DeSantis
View the letter to the Florida Comission on Ethics here.
The head of Make America Great Again Inc. is requesting that the Florida Commission on Ethics investigate Ron DeSantis for several violations of the law.
Florida law has unique and unambiguous restrictions related to state officials accepting gifts, personally benefiting from outside income, and being influenced into making specific decisions. After careful review, it is clear that Ron DeSantis has leveraged a shadow Presidential campaign to amass significant personal wealth and political capital in direct violation of state ethics laws, the spirit and the letter of the state’s resign-to-run law, and his commitment to America’s taxpayers.
The violations by Gov. Ron DeSantis include improperly soliciting and accepting gifts “with the understanding that he will run for president and resign as Governor of Florida.”
Should the Commission find that a violation occurred, it should impose penalties that include removing Governor DeSantis from office and disqualifying him from any future ballot in the State of Florida.
The letter states: “Governor DeSantis knows, or should know, that his shadow presidential campaign is illegal under federal election law, Florida ethics laws prohibiting illegal gifts from political committees, and Florida ethics laws prohibiting illegal lobbying payments.”
Governor DeSantis claims there is more work to be done to help the people of Florida. However, DeSantis will be far away from Tallahassee during the current legislative session and instead be on a national book tour to enrich himself and promote his presidential candidacy.
The Make America Great Again movement was birthed to stop career politicians who use public service to amass personal wealth and power. An investigation by the Florida Ethics Commission must occur as soon as possible. This letter provides ample evidence that Governor DeSantis is engaging in conduct that violates Florida Ethics laws.
ALSO READ – ICYMI: “Trump Touts Past Success With America’s Farmers Ahead of Iowa Visit”
President Donald J. Trump Announces Key Endorsements from Eastern Iowa
Today, President Donald J. Trump announced his Eastern Iowa Leadership Team, demonstrating support from the most conservative and influential Republican leaders in a key region of the Hawkeye State. Since President Trump’s historic 2016 election, Iowa has fundamentally transformed from a swing state to a reliable MAGA stronghold. President Trump’s America First Policies continue to resonate with the men and women of Eastern Iowa and will propel him to an overwhelming victory in the First-in-the-Nation Caucuses.
Eastern Iowa Endorsements:
- The Honorable Matt Whitaker, Former Acting Attorney General of the United States
- The Honorable Rod Blum, Former U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st Congressional District
- Senator Jeff Reichman, State Senator for Iowa’s 50th Senate District
- Senator Charlie McClintock, State Senator for Iowa’s 42nd Senate District
- Representative Bobby Kaufmann, State Representative for Iowa’s 82nd House District
- Representative Craig Johnson, State Representative for Iowa’s 67th House District
- Representative Anne Osmundson, State Representative for Iowa’s 64th House District
- Representative Mark Cisneros, State Representative for Iowa’s 96th House District
- Representative Steve Bradley, State Representative for Iowa’s 66th House District
- Representative Derek Wulf, State Representative for Iowa’s 76th House District
- Representative Heather Hora, State Representative for Iowa’s 92nd House District
- Representative Brad Sherman, State Representative for Iowa’s 91st House District
- Representative Cindy Golding, State Representative for Iowa’s 83rd House District